Create Great Coffee: French Press
WHAT YOU NEED
- French Press
- Creation Coffee
- Water right off the boil (about 205°F)
1. Determine how much coffee you want to make, in either ounces or grams (8oz of water = 236g of water).
2. Measure out the corresponding amount of coffee. Use 1g of coffee for every 16g of water. Or 2 Tbsp for every 8 oz.
3. Grind coffee to about the consistency of sea salt.
4. Place coffee in french press. Pour in all the water at once and start the timer.
5. Keep an eye on the coffee, stirring occasionally if a crust of grounds forms at the surface of the water. You want all the grounds to be submerged throughout the brewing process.
6. At 4:00 add the plunger and press.
7. Taste and enjoy! Make adjustments next time, if necessary. If your coffee is bitter or harsh, try grinding coarser or steeping for less time. If your coffee is sour or thin, try grinding finer or steeping longer. If it's too strong, use less coffee. If it's too weak, use more coffee.